The Immune Booster share is for those of you who are looking to support our community of local farmers and food businesses and also supplement your supplies with fresh produce and value-added products. For those of you interested in the Immune Booster (Week 81) share box this week, it will be $68. You may pick up your share box on Saturday, October 16. Registration closes by midnight on Wednesdays or earlier if we sell out sooner. Come back each Monday to sign up for each week’s new share.
THIS WEEK’S SHARE
- Arugula from Tantre Farm
- Sunflower OR Pea Shoots OR Microgreens from Garden Works Organic Farm
- Cabbage from Tantre Farm
- Potatoes from Tantre Farm
- Peppers from Tantre Farm
- Green OR Orange Kabocha from Tantre Farm
- Mushroom Mix from Detroit Mushroom Company
- Fresh Rosemary from Country Valley Farm
- Sourdough Batard Loaf (vegan) from Zingerman’s Bakehouse Ingredients: Organic Wheat Flour, Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Sea Salt
- Mozzarella Cheese 1/2lb (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Zingerman’s Creamery
- Classic Butternut and Black Bean Chili 16oz (vegan & gluten-free) from Juicy Kitchen Ingredients: Tantre Butternut Squash, Bell Peppers, Poblano Peppers, Corn, Tomatoes, Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Yellow Onion, Garlic, Vegetable Broth, Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Cumin, Chipotle, Cinnamon
- Lasagne Bolognese 15oz from El Harissa Ingredients: Halal Ground Beef, Tomato Puree, Onion, Garlic, Fresh Herbs, Spices, Cheese (Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan), Olive Oil, Egg, Pasta
- Spicy Tomato Kvass 12oz (vegan & gluten-free) from The Brinery Ingredients: Tomatoes, Filtered Water, Horseradish Root, Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Dill Seed, Celery Seed, Black Pepper, Ground Coriander, Sea Salt
- Honeycomb Bar of Soap 1pk (vegetarian) from Heart of the Hive Ingredients: Honey, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Water
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutions are available upon request for those with dietary restrictions or allergies ONLY. Substitutions will be in the form of additional Tantre Farm produce based on availability. Please let us know your dietary issues in the Comments section of the registration or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting local farmers and food businesses through this special weekly CSA!
*Pick up is every Saturday. Choose your pick up location:
- Washtenaw Food Hub (9 AM – 12 PM), 4175 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor
The Food Hub is about 7 minutes north of downtown Ann Arbor. The Saturday Food Hub pick up is BEHIND the main building with the sun window; just follow the traffic signs! When you arrive at the distribution location, please wait in your car until the staff member checks off your name on the Pick Up List on the clipboard. Please let us know that you are here for the Immune Booster CSA program, since we have two types of CSA’s being picked up at the same time during the summer. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. Please wear a mask whenever getting out of your vehicle, and let us know if you need help loading.
- SUMMER LOCATION: Chelsea Farmers Market (9 AM – 12 PM), Palmer Commons, 222 S Main St, Chelsea
Look for the Tantre Farm sign. Introduce yourself to us at the market stall, tell us you are picking up for the Immune Booster, and your name will be checked off on the appropriate Pick Up List, since Summer CSA will be picked up here at the same time. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. Please ask our staff for help if you need help loading your box. If you need curbside assistance, please let us know, since our farm staff or the market staff can help you.
*Please review the pick up protocol prior to your pick up date.
Online Payments Preferred:
Credit card payments using PayPal (online transaction with a 3% fee) are suggested. This helps streamline some very time-consuming data entry for our staff. Please note if you choose to use the COD option, you may bring a Check on on Saturdays or make a Venmo payment to @Deb-Lentz.
Frequently Asked Questions:
FUTURE WEEKS’ SHARES: We are happy to continue the Immune Booster share every week following the process below…
- Weekly registrations are open from Monday – Wednesday
- Price is approximately $60-75/week
- Online payment preferred (with PayPal online transaction fee)
- Customers will receive two Friday emails: A pick-up reminder and a newsletter describing how to use and store each item.
- All pick-ups will be at the Washtenaw Food Hub (4175 Whitmore Lk. Rd., Ann Arbor) or at Chelsea Farmers Market (Palmer Commons, 222 South Main St, Chelsea) on Saturdays 9 am-12 pm.
- Vegan, gluten-free, and other dietary need substitutions available upon request. Substitutions will be in the form of additional produce from Tantre Farm.
WHAT ARE WE DOING DUE TO COVID-19:
We are no longer using masks when packing and handing out your shares unless the situation changes. We will keep you informed. We wash hands regularly and sanitize surfaces. The CDC, FDA, WHO, and the European Food Safety Authority all report NO known cases of COVID-19 transmission through food or food packaging.
The manager of Tantre Farm’s Immune Booster CSA is Ryan Poe. He is assisted by Tantre staff and other volunteers. You’ll see Ryan each week at the Food Hub when you pick up your share. Contact Ryan and Deb anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please subscribe if you would like to receive our weekly updates regarding the Immune Booster and other CSAs.