The Immune Booster CSA is for those of you, who are looking to support our community of local farmers and food businesses and also supplement your supplies with fresh produce and value-added products. These boxes are perfect to bring along, if you are driving to your vacation cabin for the weekend or as a gift for someone who has done something kind for you, and you can’t think of what else to give them.
The IMMUNE BOOSTER CSA Week 174 is open for registration with pick up on Saturday, December 9 for $60. Registration closes by midnight on Wednesday, December 6. With each share you will receive an email with a newsletter describing how to use and store each item along with recipe ideas on how to combine certain items. A link to all Pick up Protocols will be included in every newsletter, so please pay careful attention to which location you choose when you sign up.
This Week’s Menu:
- Lettuce from Sell Farms and Greenhouses
- Swiss Chard from Goetz Greenhouse and Family Farm
- Daikon Radish Mix from Tantre Farm
- Carola Potatoes from Tantre Farm
- Organic Sweet Potatoes from Second Spring Farm
- Organic Leeks from Second Spring Farm
- Organic Red Cabbage from Second Spring Farm
- Fuji & Braeburn Apples from Kapnick Orchards
- Three Sisters Stew 16-oz (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Harvest Kitchen Ingredients: vegetable stock, Ferris Farms white & kidney beans, corn, winter squash, onion, garlic, shallot, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, green onion, cayenne pepper, thyme
- Rustic Italian Loaf (vegan) from Zingerman’s Bakehouse Ingredients: Organic Wheat Flour, Water, Sea Salt, Yeast
- Gouda Cheese (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Fluffy Bottom Farms Ingredients: milk, live culture, salt
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutions are available upon request for those with dietary restrictions or allergies ONLY. Substitutions will be in the form of additional Tantre Farm produce based on availability. Please let us know your dietary issues in the Comments section of the registration or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick up is every Saturday. Choose your pick up location:
- Washtenaw Food Hub (9 AM – 12 PM) 4175 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor
Please come to the first building you will see with a round “sun window”. When you arrive at the distribution location, please park your car in any of the parking spaces in front of the porch under the sun window or across the parking lot from the porch. At this point, please come inside the farm market to pick up your share in the reach in coolers inside the market. Please remember to check off the contact person’s name on the Sign In List. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. You also may take some time to look around and find other items from the market such as eggs, maple syrup, honey, bread, oats, dried beans, sauerkraut, frozen meat, cheese, yogurt, etc. that you need for your household. Please follow the Exit signs to leave the site through a different driveway back onto Whitmore Lake Road for a safer traffic flow.
- **WINTER LOCATION: Agricole Farm Stop (9 AM – 12 PM), 118 North Main St, Chelsea
Simply come inside Agricole and ask a friendly Agricole or Tantre staff member to check off your name on the Pick Up List. Then they will show you where your box is located. If you are uncomfortable coming in the store, please call the Agricole store number (734-562-2840), and a staff member will bring your share out to you. Agricole staff can answer limited questions. Agricole is not responsible for shares left unclaimed, unless prior arrangements have been made, so contact Deb at 734-385-6748 if something has come up.
*Please review the pick up protocol prior to your pick up date.
Credit card payments using PayPal (online transaction with an online fee) are suggested. This helps streamline some very time-consuming data entry for our staff, since PayPal is set up with our registration system. Another option is that you may also pay with Check, Cash, or Venmo. Please note if you choose to use the COD option, you may bring a Check or Cash in a labeled envelope on Saturdays or make a Venmo payment to @Deb-Lentz ahead of time.
Have a Question? Add yourself to our mailing list:
Please subscribe if you would like to receive our weekly updates regarding the Immune Booster and other CSAs.