The Immune Booster CSA is for those of you who are looking to support our community of local farmers and food businesses and also supplement your supplies with fresh produce and value-added products. Our menu is ready for those of you who are interested in the Immune Booster (Week 110) box for $68 with pick up on Saturday, May 21. Registration closes by midnight on Wednesday, May 18, or earlier if we sell out sooner. Come back each Monday to sign up for each week’s share.
This Week’s Share:
- Greens Mix (Mizuna, Tokyo, Bekana and Baby Spinach) from Garden Fort
- Pea Shoots from Garden Works Organic Farm
- Spinach from Tantre Farm
- Yellow Onions from Second Spring Farm
- Asparagus from Tantre Farm
- French Breakfast Radishes from Tantre Farm
- Seeded Sourdough Detroit Street Loaf (vegan) from Zingerman’s Bakehouse (vegan) Ingredients: Organic Wheat Flour, Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Sea Salt, Sesame Seed, Poppy Seed, Fennel
- Dandelion Bean Soup 16-oz (vegan & gluten-free) from Silvio’s Trattoria e Pizzeria Ingredients: Ferris Organic Farm Pinto Beans, Dandelions, Tomato, Tantre Farm Yukon Gold Potatoes, Garlic, Pepper Flakes
- Kohlrabi Papaya Salad 32-oz (vegan & gluten-free, contains nuts*) from Ginger Deli Ingredients: Kohlrabi, Green Papaya, Bean Sprouts, Carrot, Mint, Mango, Beet, Shallots, Crushed Peanuts *(in separate container), Sweet Tangy Dressing: Water, Apple Vinegar, Lime, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Maple Syrup
- Shahi Korma Sabzi 16-oz (vegetarian & gluten-free) Earthen Jar Ingredients: Broccoli, Mushroom, Cream, Milk, Salt, Turmeric, Mixed Indian Spices
- Mango Lassi 16-oz (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Tiffin Tonight Ingredients: Yogurt, Milk, Mango Pulp, Sugar
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutions are available upon request for those with dietary restrictions or allergies ONLY. Substitutions will be in the form of additional Tantre Farm produce based on availability. Please let us know your dietary issues in the Comments section of the registration or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have adjusted our Winter Pick-Up Hours due to cold temperatures. We are shortening the pick-up window from 10 AM – 12 PM at all locations until we let you know otherwise. Please let us know when you need other arrangements, and we will try to accommodate as best we can. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for understanding!
*Pick up is every Saturday. Choose your pick up location:
- Washtenaw Food Hub (10 AM – 12 PM), 4175 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor
CHANGE IN LOCATION as of Feb. 19, 2022: The Food Hub is about 8 minutes north of downtown Ann Arbor. On Saturdays our CSA distribution has changed to the porch of the first building you will see with a round “sun window”. When you arrive at the distribution location, please park your car in any of the parking spaces in front of the porch under the sun window or across the parking lot from the porch. At this point, your share box will be in stations set out on the porch and a staff member will be there to check off the contact person’s name on the Sign In List. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. During the Summer season, please let us know that you are here for which CSA program, as we have two types of CSA’s being picked up at the same time at that time. Please follow the Exit signs to leave the site through a different driveway back onto Whitmore Lake Road for a safer traffic flow.
- **FALL/WINTER LOCATION: Agricole Farm Stop (10 AM – 12 PM), 118 North Main St, Chelsea
Simply come inside Agricole and ask a friendly Agricole or Tantre staff member to check off your name on the Pick Up List. Then they will show you where your box is located. If you are uncomfortable coming in the store, please call the Agricole store number (734-562-2840), and a staff member will bring your share out to you. Agricole staff can answer limited questions. Agricole is not responsible for shares left unclaimed, unless prior arrangements have been made, so contact Deb at 734-385-6748 if something has come up.
*Please review the pick up protocol prior to your pick up date.
Online Payments Preferred:
Credit card payments using PayPal (online transaction with a 3% fee) are suggested. This helps streamline some very time-consuming data entry for our staff. Please note if you choose to use the COD option, you may bring a Check on Saturdays or make a Venmo payment to @Deb-Lentz.
Frequently Asked Questions:
FUTURE WEEKS’ SHARES: We are happy to continue the Immune Booster share every week following the process below…
- Weekly registrations are open from Monday – Wednesday
- Price is approximately $65-80/week
- Online payment preferred (with PayPal online transaction fee)
- Customers will receive two Friday emails: A pick-up reminder and a newsletter describing how to use and store each item.
- All pick-ups will be at the Washtenaw Food Hub (4175 Whitmore Lk. Rd., Ann Arbor) or at Agricole Farm Stop (Fall/Winter Location-118 North Main Street, Chelsea) / Chelsea Farmers Market (Summer Location-Palmer Commons, 222 South Main St, Chelsea) on Saturdays 10 am-12 pm (Winter Hours).
- Vegan, gluten-free, and other dietary need substitutions available upon request. Substitutions will be in the form of additional produce from Tantre Farm.
WHAT ARE WE DOING DUE TO COVID-19:
We are no longer using masks when packing and handing out your shares unless the situation changes. We will keep you informed. We wash hands regularly and sanitize surfaces. The CDC, FDA, WHO, and the European Food Safety Authority all report NO known cases of COVID-19 transmission through food or food packaging.
The manager of Tantre Farm’s Immune Booster CSA is Ryan Poe. He is assisted by Tantre staff and other volunteers. You’ll see Ryan each week at the Food Hub when you pick up your share. Contact Ryan and Deb anytime at email@example.com.
Please subscribe if you would like to receive our weekly updates regarding the Immune Booster and other CSAs.