The Immune Booster CSA is for those of you, who are looking to support our community of local farmers and food businesses and also supplement your supplies with fresh produce and value-added products. These boxes are perfect to bring along, if you are driving to your vacation cabin for the weekend or a gift for someone who has done something kind for you, and you can’t think of what else to give them.
NOTE: Change in Chelsea Pick up Location from Agricole Farm Stop back to Chelsea Farmers Market on Saturdays for the Summer Location. More details in PICK UP section below.
The next Immune Booster (Week 163) share is open for this coming Saturday, June 10. Registration closes by midnight on Wednesday, June 7. Come back each Monday to sign up for each week’s new share. Our menu is ready below for those of you who are interested in this week’s Immune Booster CSA for $73.
This Week’s Share
- Red Kitten Spinach from Tantre Farm
- Arugula from Garden Fort
- Organic Red Scallions from Country Valley Farm
- Organic Orange Carrots from Wayward Seed Farm
- Red Skinned Potatoes from Holtz Farms
- Asparagus from Tantre Farm
- Evercrisp Apples from Wolfe Orchard
- Pumpernickel Loaf (vegan) from Zingerman’s Bakehouse Ingredients: Organic Wheat Flour, Water, Rye, Rye Chops, Caramel Color, Sea Salt, Yeast, Caraway Seeds
- Pimento Cheese Spread 6-oz (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Zingerman’s Creamery Ingredients: Cheddar, Roasted Red Pepper, Tellicherry Black Pepper, Mayonnaise, Cayenne Pepper
- Shakshuka Soup 16-oz (vegan & gluten-free) from Harvest Kitchen Ingredients:Stewed Tomatoes, Vegetable Stock, Lentils, Onions, Peppers, Garlic, Shallots, Olive Oil, Paprika, Cayenne, West African Spices, Salt and Pepper
- Carthage Salad 32-oz (vegan & gluten-free) from El Harissa Ingredients:Leafy Green Mix, Poached Figs, Dates, Pomegranate Seeds, Chickpeas, Kalamata Olives, Tomatoes, House Made Dressing: Fig Jam, Pomegranate Molasses, Mint, Lime Juice, Balsamic Vinegar, Rose Water, Olive Oil, Spices
- Sun Dried Tomato & Pesto Pasta 16-oz (vegetarian, contains nuts) from Juicy Kitchen Ingredients: Carosella Casarecce Pasta, Sun Dried Tomatoes, House Made Pesto: Fresh Basil, Parmesan Cheese, Toasted Walnuts, Pine Nuts, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
- Strawberry & Rhubarb Crisp (vegan & gluten-free, contains nuts) from Nourish Juicery & Kitchen Ingredients:Love, Sprouted Gluten-Free Oats, Needle Lane Rhubarb, Strawberries, Organic Coconut Sugar, Coconut Oil, Tapioca Flour, Cinnamon, Sea Salt
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutions are available upon request for those with dietary restrictions or allergies ONLY. Substitutions will be in the form of additional Tantre Farm produce based on availability. Please let us know your dietary issues in the Comments section of the registration or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick up is every Saturday. Choose your pick up location:
- Washtenaw Food Hub (9 AM – 12 PM) 4175 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor
The Food Hub is about 8 minutes north of downtown Ann Arbor. On Saturdays our CSA distribution is on the porch of the first building you will see with a round “sun window”. When you arrive at the distribution location, please park your car in any of the parking spaces in front of the porch under the sun window or across the parking lot from the porch. At this point, your share box will be in stations set out on the porch and a staff member will be there to check off the contact person’s name on the Sign In List. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. During the Summer season, please let us know that you are here for which CSA program, since we have two types of CSA’s being picked up at the same time at that time. Please follow the Exit signs to leave the site through a different driveway back onto Whitmore Lake Road for a safer traffic flow.
- **SUMMER LOCATION: Chelsea Farmers Market (9 AM – 12 PM), 304 South Main St., Chelsea
The Chelsea Farmers Market is at the Palmer Commons. Look for the Tantré Farm sign. Introduce yourself to us at the market stall, and your name will be checked off on the Pick Up List. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. Please ask our staff for help if you need help loading your box. If you need curbside assistance, please let us know, since our farm staff or the market staff can help you.
*Please review the pick up protocol prior to your pick up date.
Online Payments Preferred:
Credit card payments using PayPal (online transaction with an online fee) are suggested. This helps streamline some very time-consuming data entry for our staff. Please note if you choose to use the COD option, you may bring a Check on Saturdays or make a Venmo payment to @Deb-Lentz.
Frequently Asked Questions:
FUTURE WEEKS’ SHARES: We are happy to continue the Immune Booster share every week following the process below…
- Weekly registrations are open from Monday – Wednesday
- Price is approximately $65-$85/week
- Online payment preferred (with PayPal online transaction fee)
- Customers will receive two Friday emails: A pick-up protocol and a newsletter describing how to use and store each item.
- All pick-ups will be at the Washtenaw Food Hub (4175 Whitmore Lk. Rd., Ann Arbor) or at Chelsea Farmers Market (Summer Location-Palmer Commons, 222 South Main Street, Chelsea)/Agricole Farm Stop (Fall/Winter Location-118 North Main Street, Chelsea) on Saturdays 9 am-12 pm.
- Vegan, gluten-free, and other dietary need substitutions available upon request. Substitutions will be in the form of additional produce from Tantre Farm.
WHAT ARE WE DOING DUE TO COVID-19:
We are no longer using masks when packing and handing out your shares unless the situation changes. We will keep you informed. We wash hands regularly and sanitize surfaces. The CDC, FDA, WHO, and the European Food Safety Authority all report NO known cases of COVID-19 transmission through food or food packaging.
Have a Question? Add yourself to our mailing list:
The manager of Tantre Farm’s Immune Booster CSA is Ryan Poe. He is assisted by Tantre staff and other volunteers. You’ll see Ryan each week at the Food Hub when you pick up your share. Contact Ryan and Deb anytime at email@example.com.
“IMMUNE BOOSTER CSA SHARE” Registration, PLEASE CLICK Here!
Please subscribe if you would like to receive our weekly updates regarding the Immune Booster and other CSAs.