The Immune Booster CSA is for those of you who are looking to support our community of local farmers and food businesses and also supplement your supplies with fresh produce and value-added products. Our menu is ready for those of you who are interested in the Immune Booster (Week 123) box for $68 with pick up on Saturday, August 20. Registration closes by midnight on Wednesday, August 17, or earlier if we sell out sooner. Come back each Monday to sign up for each week’s share.
This Week’s Share:
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutions are available upon request for those with dietary restrictions or allergies ONLY. Substitutions will be in the form of additional Tantre Farm produce based on availability. Please let us know your dietary issues in the Comments section of the registration or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Collard Greens from Tantre Farm
- Sweet Corn from Tantre Farm
- Green Bell Peppers OR Shishito Peppers from Tantre Farm
- Orange Carrots from Tantre Farm
- Red Slicer Tomatoes from Tantre Farm
- Potato Mix from Tantre Farm
- Watermelon from Tantre Farm
- Multigrain Sourdough Loaf (vegan) from Raterman Bread Ingredients: Flour, Water, Salt, Cracked Rye, Cracked Wheat, Sunflower Seeds, Oats, Flax Seeds, Red Quinoa, Pumpkin Seeds
- Kohlrabi Papaya Salad 32-oz (vegan & gluten-free, contains nuts*) from Ginger Deli Ingredients: Kohlrabi, Green Papaya, Bean Sprouts, Carrot, Mint, Mango, Beet, Shallots, Crushed Peanuts *(in separate container), Sweet Tangy Dressing: Water, Apple Vinegar, Lime, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Maple Syrup
- Spicy Noodle Salad 12-oz (vegan & gluten-free, contains nuts) from Juicy Kitchen Ingredients: Organic Linguini Pasta, Tri-colored Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Green Onion, Cilantro, Crushed Peanuts, In-house Spicy Peanut Dressing
- Yellow Curry Stew 16-oz (vegan & gluten-free) from Harvest Kitchen Ingredients: Zucchini, Sweet Potatoes, Carrot, Onion, Shallots, Coconut Milk, Vegetable Stock, Corn Starch, Garlic, Ginger, Lemongrass, Curry Seasoning, Kaffir Lime Leaves, Cumin, Spices, Olive Oil
- Apple Tart OR Elderberry OR Cherry Sparkling Tonics 8.5-oz 2-pk (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Fruitbelt Tonic Ingredients: Apple Tart Flavor – Sparkling Water, Concentrate from Michigan Heritage Apples, True Source Honey, Bitters (Dandelion & Chicory Roots, Heirloom Apples, Propolis, Aronia Berries, Quassia, Cherry Bark), Extracts of Lime & Caraway, Malic Acid. Elderberry Flavor – Sparkling Water, Elderberry Juice Concentrate, True Source Honey, Bitters (Dandelion & Chicory Roots, Heirloom Apples, Propolis, Aronia Berries, Quassia, Cherry Bark), Elderflower Extract, Citric Acid. Cherry Flavor – Sparkling Water, Michigan Montgomery Tart Cherry Concentrate, True Source Honey, Bitters (Dandelion & Chicory Roots, Heirloom Apples, Propolis, Aronia Berries, Quassia, Cherry Bark), Ginger Extracts, Citric Acid
**We have adjusted back to our regular Pick-Up Hours from 9 AM – 12 PM at all locations. Also, our Winter Location for Agricole Farm Stop HAS CHANGED back to our Summer Location, which is at the Chelsea Farmers Market (see below for details).
Pick up is every Saturday. Choose your pick up location:
- Washtenaw Food Hub (9 AM – 12 PM), 4175 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor
The Food Hub is about 8 minutes north of downtown Ann Arbor. On Saturdays our CSA distribution has changed to the porch of the first building you will see with a round “sun window”. When you arrive at the distribution location, please park your car in any of the parking spaces in front of the porch under the sun window or across the parking lot from the porch. At this point, your share box will be in stations set out on the porch and a staff member will be there to check off the contact person’s name on the Sign In List. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. During the Summer season, please let us know that you are here for which CSA program, as we have two types of CSA’s being picked up at the same time at that time. Please follow the Exit signs to leave the site through a different driveway back onto Whitmore Lake Road for a safer traffic flow.
- **SUMMER LOCATION: Chelsea Farmers Market (9 AM – 12 PM), 222 South Main St., Chelsea
The Chelsea Farmers Market is at the Palmer Commons. Look for the Tantré Farm sign. Introduce yourself to us at the market stall, and your name will be checked off on the Pick Up List. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. Please ask our staff for help if you need help loading your box. If you need curbside assistance, please let us know, since our farm staff or the market staff can help you.
*Please review the pick up protocol prior to your pick up date.
Online Payments Preferred:
Credit card payments using PayPal (online transaction with a 3% fee) are suggested. This helps streamline some very time-consuming data entry for our staff. Please note if you choose to use the COD option, you may bring a Check on Saturdays or make a Venmo payment to @Deb-Lentz.
Frequently Asked Questions:
FUTURE WEEKS’ SHARES: We are happy to continue the Immune Booster share every week following the process below…
- Weekly registrations are open from Monday – Wednesday
- Price is approximately $65-$80/week
- Online payment preferred (with PayPal online transaction fee)
- Customers will receive two Friday emails: A pick-up protocol and a newsletter describing how to use and store each item.
- All pick-ups will be at the Washtenaw Food Hub (4175 Whitmore Lk. Rd., Ann Arbor) or at Chelsea Farmers Market (Summer Location-Palmer Commons, 222 South Main Street, Chelsea)/Agricole Farm Stop (Fall/Winter Location-118 North Main Street, Chelsea) on Saturdays 9 am-12 pm.
- Vegan, gluten-free, and other dietary need substitutions available upon request. Substitutions will be in the form of additional produce from Tantre Farm.
WHAT ARE WE DOING DUE TO COVID-19:
We are no longer using masks when packing and handing out your shares unless the situation changes. We will keep you informed. We wash hands regularly and sanitize surfaces. The CDC, FDA, WHO, and the European Food Safety Authority all report NO known cases of COVID-19 transmission through food or food packaging.
Have a Question? Add yourself to our mailing list:
The manager of Tantre Farm’s Immune Booster CSA is Ryan Poe. He is assisted by Tantre staff and other volunteers. You’ll see Ryan each week at the Food Hub when you pick up your share. Contact Ryan and Deb anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please subscribe if you would like to receive our weekly updates regarding the Immune Booster and other CSAs.