The Immune Booster CSA is for those of you who are looking to support our community of local farmers and food businesses and also supplement your supplies with fresh produce and value-added products. Registration for the Immune Booster (Week 60) share box closes by midnight on Wednesday, May 19 or earlier if we sell out sooner. Come back each Monday to sign up for each week’s share.
This Week’s Share:
- Spinach from Tantre Farm
- Pea OR Sunflower Shoots OR Microgreens from Garden Works Organic Farm
- Green Cabbage from Wayward Seed Farm
- Green Onions from Tantre Farm
- Onions & Shallots from Second Spring Farm
- Carrot Mix from Multi-Farm Collaboration
- Asparagus from Multi-Farm Collaboration
- Black Turtle Beans from Ferris Organic Farm
- Onion Rye Loaf from Zingerman’s Bakehouse Ingredients: Onion, Michigan Organic Wheat Flour, Malted Barley, Water, Rye, Sea Salt, Yeast, Caraway, Poppy Seeds
- Potato and Leek Soup pint (vegan & gluten-free) from Harvest Kitchen Ingredients: Potatoes, Leeks, Vegetable Stock (Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Bay Leaf), Garlic, Parsley, Thyme, Basil, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
- Greek Salad 32oz (vegetarian & gluten-free) from El Harissa Ingredients: Spring Mix, Feta Cheese, Grapes, Pickled Red Onion, Kalamata Olives, Grape Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Dressing: Dill, Mint & Oregano Vinaigrette
- Mixed Vegetable Rice Bowl with Sweet & Spicy Sauce 32oz (vegan & gluten-free) from Fresh Forage Ingredients: White Rice, Baby Bok Choi, Cabbage, Sprouts, Mushrooms, Kimchi, Carrots, Cucumber, Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- Otto’s Pear & Rhubarb CBD Cider 12oz (vegetarian & gluten-free) from Almar Orchard and Cidery Ingredients: Filtered Water, Organic Apple Juice, Concentrate, Rhubarb Juice Concentrate, Pear Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Natural Hop Flavor, Hemp Extract (CBD)
- Vegan Chocolate Cake 2-pk from Avalon International Breads Ingredients:(Cake): Organic unbleached wheat flour, turbinado sugar, water, canola oil, cocoa powder, vinegar, baking soda, sea salt, vanilla extract Ingredients (Frosting): Powdered sugar (sugar from beets, cornstarch), Earth Balance Original Spread, chocolate chunks, cocoa powder, organic soymilk, vanilla extract
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutions are available upon request for those with dietary restrictions or allergies ONLY. Substitutions will be in the form of additional Tantre Farm produce based on availability. Please let us know your dietary issues in the Comments section of the registration or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting local farmers and food businesses through this special weekly CSA!
*Pick up is every Saturday. Choose your pick up location:
- Washtenaw Food Hub (9 AM – 12 PM), 4175 Whitmore Lake Rd., Ann Arbor
The Food Hub is about 7 minutes north of downtown Ann Arbor. The Saturday Food Hub pick up is BEHIND the main building with the sun window; just follow the traffic signs! When you arrive at the distribution location, please wait in your car until the staff member checks off your name on the Pick Up List on the clipboard. Please let us know that you are here for the Immune Booster CSA program, since we have two types of CSA’s being picked up at the same time during the summer. You may unpack your box into your own carry containers or you may return the box the following week. Please wear a mask whenever getting out of your vehicle, and let us know if you need help loading.
- Agricole Farm Stop (9 AM – 12 PM), 118 N Main St, Chelsea
Simply come inside Agricole (mask is required) and ask a friendly Agricole staff member to check off your name on the Pick Up List. Then they will show you where your box is located. If you are uncomfortable coming in the store, please call the Agricole store number (734-562-2840), and a staff member will bring your share out to you. Agricole staff can answer limited questions. Agricole is not responsible for shares left unclaimed, unless prior arrangements have been made, so contact Deb at 734-385-6748 if something has come up.
*Please review the pick up protocol prior to your pick up date.
Online Payments Preferred:
Credit card payments using PayPal (online transaction with a 3% fee) are suggested. This helps streamline some very time-consuming data entry for our staff. Please note if you choose to use the COD option, you may bring a Check on on Saturdays or make a Venmo payment to @Deb-Lentz.
Frequently Asked Questions
FUTURE WEEKS’ SHARES: We are happy to continue the Immune Booster share every week following the process below…
- Weekly registrations are open from Monday – Wednesday
- Price is approximately $60-75/week
- Online payment preferred (with PayPal online transaction fee)
- Customers will receive two Friday emails: A pick-up reminder and a newsletter describing how to use and store each item.
- All pick-ups will be at the Washtenaw Food Hub (4175 Whitmore Lk. Rd., Ann Arbor) or at Agricole Farm Stop (118 N Main St, Chelsea) on Saturdays 9 am-12 pm.
- Vegan, gluten-free, and other dietary need substitutions available upon request. Substitutions will be in the form of additional produce from Tantre Farm.
WHAT ARE WE DOING DUE TO COVID-19:
We are using masks when packing and handing out your shares. We wash hands regularly and sanitize surfaces. The CDC, FDA, WHO, and the European Food Safety Authority all report NO known cases of COVID-19 transmission through food or food packaging.
The manager of Tantre Farm’s Immune Booster CSA is Ryan Poe. He is assisted by Zoe Buhalis and other volunteers. You’ll see Ryan and Zoe each week at the Food Hub when you pick up your share. Contact Ryan, Zoe, and Deb anytime at email@example.com.
Please subscribe if you would like to receive our weekly updates regarding the Immune Booster and other CSAs.